- Modern contemporary barn conversion of 1800's flax mill on the edge of Netherbury, a conservation area
- Peaceful site of 4 individually owned homes set in over an acre with babbling stream as a backdrop
- Nestled in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Stunning countryside and great walking from the doorstep
- World class beaches of Jurassic Coast 15 minutes drive
- Welcoming local pub 20 minutes walk away
Yondover Mill was originally built several hundred years ago as a Flax Mill, producing linen for the area's sailcloth industry. The buildings were converted to 4 luxury holiday cottages around 15 years ago, retaining many of the original features.
From the shared grounds of Yondover Mill, cross over the mill stream to get to the private lawned cottage garden. The garden is a haven in the summer, with pheasants, butterflies, and hedgehogs. There is a terrace and outdoor dining area for those lazy summer months. You will be struck by the peace and tranquillity, with sounds of nature for company.
Approaching the stable door, the building is dominated by two prominent and unusual circular Dorset-stone pillars that were part of the open-sided barn construction, they still support the two original massive oak beams. Once inside, you immediately notice the light and airy feel to the open plan living room and kitchen that comes from the four floor-to-ceiling windows.
The top-quality modern kitchen is a large space with a farmhouse aesthetic, surrounding a centerpiece 8-seater farmhouse dining table. The kitchen is generously kitted out with everything you need in a home-from-home, from Smeg fridge freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, full size oven & hob, right down to the Dualit toaster & kettle, cafetière, baking trays and chefs knives, etc.
In the living room, you will find comfortable seating for 6 people to relax in the evening with a selection of games, books and DVD's provided, or kick back and watch the internet connected smart TV. Feel free to use your Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription. Off to one side is a downstairs WC.
Upstairs you will find 3 comfortable and spacious modern bedrooms and a family bathroom, all with a light, airy feel. The master bedroom has a double bed, and an en-suite bathroom containing a powerful shower. There is a generous second bedroom with two single beds, and a bunk bedroom that is perfect for children. All bedrooms have Velux windows that let in plenty of light in the day and blackout blinds for night-time. In the family bathroom there is a bath with a modern shower over, a WC and sink.
As we live at Linum Barn for substantial amounts of time, we have made it our home-from-home with all the facilities and conveniences you would expect. We want you to enjoy Linum Barn as much as we do.
Netherbury is a thriving village set in the beautiful rolling hills of rural West Dorset. In the distant past it was the centre of the sailcloth industry, leaving behind picturesque mill buildings and leats.
As you walk out of Yondover Mill, you are greeted with a typically English scene of the River Britt flowing under the road with meadows and cottages in the background. To the left is a track that leads to the original River Cottage of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall fame. Continuing ahead, you climb up past the many pretty Dorset stone and whitewashed houses. At the centre of the village, a road on the left leads to Waytown, where you will find the local pub, the Hare and Hounds. Once through the centre, the road gets steeper as you climb to the large 13th century church, where you are rewarded with a spectacular view of the village nestling in the Britt valley, and rolling hills and coast beyond.
Two miles away (25 min walk or 5 min drive) is the lovely small town of Beaminster with many independent shops, including a local bakery, butchers, greengrocers and florist. Various bustling cafes inhabit the centre, Cilla and Camilla being our favourite, while a foodie bolthole is provided by The Ollerod.
Further afield, you will find Bridport with its delicious foodie scene & live music, Westbay's stunning beaches and cliffs as well as pretty Lyme Regis with soft pink thatched seafront cottages. There are countless other nooks and crannies to explore on the coast and in the lovely hills that form the world recognised area of outstanding natural beauty.
The nearest railway station is Crewkerne - about a 15 minute drive away, with regular services into London.There is a twice daily bus service to Beaminster and Bridport
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room (sleeps 2)
- 1 twin bedroom (sleeps 2)
- 1 bunk bedroom (sleeps 2)
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over
- Downstairs cloakroom with WC and sink
- Hair dryer
- Full sized electric oven & hob, Smeg fridge-freezer, cafetiere, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, iron
- Electric radiators (fully controllable - not storage heaters)
- Broadband Wi-Fi
- Smart TV (bring your Netflix / Amazon Prime subscription)
- Bluetooth radio (bring your Spotify subscription)
- Patio, outside tables and chairs
- Private cottage garden + shared garden with stream (unprotected)
- Off-road parking: One dedicated space & one space in shared parking area
- Pub 1 mile away
- Shop 2 miles away
- No pets
- No smoking
- No parties or events
- There is an open and unfenced stream in the grounds; it is outside the cottage garden, but the gate is not lockable.Please supervise children at all times.
- There is a low beam that spans the kitchen and dining room at 5' 10" (1.8 m).
- There are two steps down between the kitchen and the lounge.
- We do not have facilities for infants. There is no stairgate, no cot and no high chair.
- There is a security camera facing out onto the garden. It is turned off when guests are in residence.
- Check-in: After 17:00 (later than normal because of COVID deep clean)
- Check out: 09:00 (earlier than normal because of COVID deep clean)
- We do not live locally, however, we engage a professional management company who will respond to any issues. You are also free to contact us directly any time.
- Self check-in with lockbox